As of May 2021, I've been a Data Analyst for over three years - currently working at William Hill in Marketing Analytics.
The Personal Bits
- 💍 I am married, with a beautiful wife called Alex - you may have known me by my maiden name Wallace
- 🔆 I am a morning person, I prefer to start the day early to give myself more time back in the evenings to hang with my wife and our dog
- 📚 I love to learn. I take every opportunity I can to learn new things, particularly when it comes to work - you'll often find me eyes deep in an online tutorial
The Work Parts
- 📈 Building visualisations is a key part of my role as a Data Analyst. It's a practice that enables me to communicate relationships with data in easily digestible formats. We'd all like to see a photo, rather than browse a spreadsheet or read a 1000 word essay. Toolkit: Power BI
- 💻 Before we can visualise the data, we have to acquire the data from somewhere. Being able to collect, manipulate and cleanse the data into a useable format is key. This part is fundamental in helping me do the rest of my day-to-day tasks. Toolkit: T-SQL, Excel
- 🐍 Python - Something new that I'm currently studying with the help of DataCamp. The aim is to develop my Python Skills and learn more about Machine Learning and it's applications and utilise in my current role. Toolkit: VS-Code, Anaconda. Libraries: Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-Learn, Matplotlib, Seaborn
Get in Touch
- 🐦 Twitter - I might not tweet a lot, but I'm usually checking my feed several times a day. It's the quickest way to reach me, especially if you've got a quick question.
- 📧 Email - I like having email pen-pals, it's something that started with my friend Andrew over a year ago, so feel free to drop an email at [email protected] I'm a pretty responsive, so if you've got a longer message or just want to become an email pal then say Hello!
- ☕️ In Person - In a COVID world, this isn't possible right now. But I'm happy to jump on a video call and connect. A virtual coffee as you might say. If you're interested email me, with the subject Virtual Coffee and we'll put something in the the diary.